Salesforce customer success story
October 2017: ICON profiled as a 'customer success story' by Salesforce for it's integration of marketing and sales processes and data sets, and early adoption of Einstein analytics, to provide contextually relevant content to customers during their buying journey.
Web Globalization Report
2015 Web Globalization Report - ranked KPMG as best professional services firm and 18th in world overall for global consistency in web and social channels (up from 120th in 2010 when David joined KPMG).
The report covers 30% of the Fortune 100 companies and 70% of the 2014 Interbrand 100 Best Global Brands.
Whilst Global eMarketing Director at Deloitte, the 2008 Web Globalization Report rated Deloitte.com as the best professional services website, and amongst the top 15 global websites.
Awards whilst at KPMG
- KPMG wins Silver in the 2014 Content Marketing Awards organised by the Content Marketing Association (for best use of content repurposing)
- KPMG wins 2014 ITSMA Gold Award for Marketing Excellence (for optimizing online and offline marketing)
- KPMG wins 2014 'Best of category: Social Media Marketing' Summit Marketing Effectiveness Award
- KPMG wins 2014 'Social Networking Champion' award from International Accounting Bulletin - for second consecutive year
- KPMG wins 2013 'Social Networking Champion' award from International Accounting Bulletin for it's innovative World Economic Forum Live service.
- KPMG wins 2013 ITSMA Diamond Award for Marketing Excellence (for integrated digital and social marketing) - see archive screengrab and KPMG press release
David has been cited in a number of reports from Forrester, the leading technology and marketing analysts:
- January 2015: Forrester report 'B2B In-Person Events Need A Digital Makeover' cites KPMG's WEFLIVE as a best practice 'model to follow'
- April 2014: Forrester report 'Choose The Right Vendor Tools To Help With Content Marketing Development And Distribution' cites KPMG Global Digital Marketing
- May 2013: KPMG digital focus featured in 'Make B2B Marketing Thrive in the Age Of The Customer'
- Feb 2013: KPMG cited as a best practice in 'Digital Customer Experience Governance Demystified'
- June 2011: Interviewed for report 'CMOs Must Drive Their Firms' Domain Strategy Now'
- 2007: Deloitte.com rated the best professional services website in the report 'Best & Worst of B2B website design'.
KPMG profiled as a best practice:
December 2012: ActiveStandards report: 'Digital marketing governance: From fragmentation to alignment to impact' (PDF) profiles the digital governance journey David drove whilst at KPMG:
- Using standards to create a globally consistent digital experience
- Creating a digital governance framework
- Monitoring and measurement
- June 2013: White Space report 'How consulting firms are using Twitter as part of their content strategy, and what they need to do better' recognizes KPMG as having one of the leading Twitter accounts among global consulting firms.
Whilst Global eMarketing Director at Deloitte:
- 2007: B2B Magazine rated Deloitte.com as a top 10 B2B site.
- 2006: Bloom group report on 'The Effectiveness of professional services websites' ranked Deloitte.com the world's 2nd best accounting website at the time.
Whilst New Media Editor at Andersen:
- 2000: peer reviewed research paper 'Evolution of web searching', published in the journal Online Information Review, won the award of 'Most Outstanding paper'. It has since been cited in over 70 research papers (see Archive).